Sunday, August 5, 2007

I'm back in Michigan, which is too bad, and my immense dislike of this state is only punctuated by the fact that it's been raining all day today.

More than that, though, it would appear as though my dad didn't know that I am leaving on the 13th, and went and admitted himself to the hospital for medication change, with the understanding that he'd be out in ten days. Hilariously, ten days translates to three weeks at the VA, so he's not going to be out to see me off, most likely. I mean, and that's cool, I'd rather he take initiative to get himself healthy again, at least relatively, but it still sucks that the last time I'll see my dad for two and a half years is at the psychiatric ward of the VA hospital. Depressing.

ANYWAY. I decided that I'm not staying in Michigan for any duration of time once I'm out, and that I'm moving back to Chicago, to do God knows what with my Really Marketable Degree. This'll probably translate to keeping my loans in deferment while I take classes at Truman or something.

Gifts for my host family = acquired. A coffee table book full of pretty beautiful photography of Michigan (which can be gorgeous mainly if there's no NASCAR race in town), a puzzle if there are some little kids and Uno if there are older kids. I figure that covers the spectrum pretty well. Also, my mom is really excited about the prospect of sending me "educational supplies" that she finds at the dollar store. Like flashcards for multiplication tables.

If someone knows how to assign power of attorney for both financial and medical purposes, without getting forty dollar forms off the Office Max website, can you let me know?

Just one week left.

No comments: